14.2.12

just look ... don't jump ahead ... enjoy

makes sense, right?  quite a simple concept, but somewhere along the lines i stopped looking at individuals and began catagorizing the makeups:  mens or womens.  it was full steam ahead then with a one-size-fits-all approach.
while creating living statues this past weekend (pics to follow shortly) my inner dialogue told me 'time to do _____' or this same dialogue would say 'i'm lost!  what step should i be on?'. neither of these questions were coming from an artistic/design side ... i was on auto-pilot.  thankfully i recognized what was happening ... took a couple steps back to look and choose what is needed, not what SHOULD be done.
in the beginning of my career, having a precise system was a skill that i worked hard at developing and memorizing.  my goal was to have an efficient and step-logical process for my theatrical makeups.  i laid out my station almost in a paint-by-numbers pattern. 
well, i am re-learning to stop, look, and simply ask ... how can i make this particular face look it's very best.  simple, right?  :o

No comments:

Post a Comment